Sunday, May 06, 2007

Scary Beauty Product


Moi over at Ma Petite Chou has a fun post about cellulite-fighting tights, and I have to admit, I might get them if they were sold near me. I also see a lot of buzz about this beauty product in China, Balo Caffeine Slimming Body Cream, with caffeine and red pepper oil to stimulate sweat production, people who have used it say it *burns* for days after you use it and disposoable gloves are a must when applying.... Anyone has tried it? Please comment and let us know if it's worth the effort. Sigh, all this trouble, we might as well go jogging.

4 comments:

kokostiletto said...

Holy crap that does look scary! I use Shishiedo Firming Lotion... I think it's okay... but you have to use it all the time...

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't want to use something that feels like my body is burning ~~ !!

might as well go jogging, slim in 6, or carment electra fit to strip -- all of these works!!

Moi said...

I've seen this hot pepper (or something similar) cream on a Chinese beauty show. The celebs were raving about it, and they loved the burning sensation. I really doubt it works. It's probably all in their heads, mistaking the "burn" as a sign that it's actually working. I'd be too scared to try it, what if it gave you rashes and stuff?!

Asi Mod said...

Hmm! I wonder how well it works since it is applied externally. I don't think caffeine and chilli can be absorbed through the skin, can it?